söndag 4 november 2007

Walk the line

I have to say it was quite a coincidence that I happened to see this movie yesterday, which turned out to be one of the better ones I have seen in a long time. The film is a biography of Johnny Cash. The leading part was played by Joaquin Phoenix, performing as Johnny Cash.

The movie starts off with Johnny as a child, telling something about his background, family status and relationships. As in many biographies, the relationship between Johnny and his father and family comes to be a key point throughout the movie as it affects Johnny a great deal in the decisions made in his life and career.

The movie really shows the struggle that Johnny had to through when he started to get famous. Having promised to love his newly wed wife at home, while at the same time starting a new life on the roads, he surely had a hard time. I have no doubt that he truly loved her, but the life as a rock star was full of temptations and loneliness. Seeing the movie, one understands that the choices he made were never easy for him. I think he was a faithful man, never wanting to turn his back against his family.

I have listened to Johnny Cash before, but after seeing the movie a new light fell upon some of his most famous songs. I must admit I almost cried occationally. Seeing the movie was a truly joyful and very romantic experience, although it had both tragic and sad elements in it.

I rate the movie 9 out of 10.
For anyone interrested in musical history, this is a must see.

Here is a link to the official movie trailer. Walk the line

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Well written text and easy to read!
I have also seen this movie, twice actually! Can really agree with you, it’s a tragic story. I too started to listen to more of his music after seeing the movie.

Good thing to link the trailer of the movie!

Have a nice weekend!
Best regards
Therese